Use the form below to search for documents in this web
containing specific words or combinations of words. The text search engine will
display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first.
Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it
will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed. A brief explanation
of the query language is available, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from
arbitrary Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and
grouped with parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'